Matthew Locke11. 12. 2020. u 04:51Brojač objava: 0
The Hilliker Curse
My Pursuit of Women
by James Ellroy
- Language: english
- Characters: Lee Earle „James“ Ellroy, Armand Ellroy, Geneva Odelia Ellroy, Helen Knode
- Publisher: Knopf Publishing Group
- Places: Los Angeles area, California, Kansas City
- Genres: biography, crime, memoir, noir, autobiography, mystery
- Release date: September 7, 2010
- Format: hardcover, 203 pages
- ISBN: 9780307593504 (0307593509)
- Author: James Ellroy
About The Book
From “one of the great American writers of our time” (Los Angeles Times Book Review): a raw, explicit memoir as high-intensity and riveting as any of his novels.
The year was 1958. James Ellroy was ten years old. His mother, Jean Hilliker, had divorced her fast-buck hustler husband. She gave her son a choice: live with his father or her. He chose his father, and Jean — “half gassed” — attacked him. He wished her dead. Three months later, she was murdered.
Ellroy writes, “I owe her for every true thing that I am. I must remove the malediction I have placed on her and on myself,” and in The Hilliker Curse, he narrates his quest for “atonement in women.” He unsparingly describes his shattered childhood, his delinquent teens, his writing life, his love affairs and marriages, a nervous breakdown and the beginning of a relationship with an extraordinary woman who may just be the long-sought Her. It is a layered narrative of time and place, emotion and insight, sexuality and spiritual quest. And all of it is reported with gut-wrenching and heart-rending candor.
A brilliant and soul-baring revelation of self — and unlike any memoir you have ever read.
MP3 ebook The Hilliker Curse James Ellroy on PocketBook on Barnes & Noble. EPUB The Hilliker Curse download. Hardcover book The Hilliker Curse by James Ellroy buy on Booktopia.planetazdravlja11. 12. 2020. u 05:28Brojač objava: 0
- I’m a Day Late and a Dollar Short…and It’s Okay! by Jo Ann Larsen – 9781573455398
- Jimi Hendrix and the Making of Are You Experienced (Vinyl Frontier, #2) by Sean Egan – 9781556524714
- Creating Special Effects for TV and Video by Bernard Wilkie – 9780240514741