Arlene Cross21. 11. 2020. u 15:20Brojač objava: 0
The Celtic Languages
(Routledge Language Family)
by Martin J. Ball, James Fife
- Publisher: Routledge
- ISBN: 9780415280808 (041528080X)
- Genres: linguistics, language
- Author: Martin J. Ball, James Fife
- Release date: May 23, 2002
- Language: english
- Series: Routledge Language Family
- Format: paperback, 704 pages
About The Book
This comprehensive volume describes in depth all the Celtic languages from historical, structural and sociolinguistic perspectives, with individual chapters on Irish, Scottish, Gaelic, Manx, Welsh, Breton and Cornish.
Organized for ease of reference, The Celtic Languages is arranged in four parts.
The first, Historical Aspects, covers the origin and history of the Celtic languages, their spread and retreat, present-day distribution and a sketch of the extant and recently extant languages.
Parts II and III describe the structural detail of each language, including phonology, mutation, morphology, syntax, dialectology and lexis.
The final part provides wide-ranging sociolinguistic detail, such as areas of usage (in government, church, media, education, business), maintenance (institutional support offered), and prospects for survival (examination of demographic changes and how they affect these languages).
* Presents the first modern, comprehensive linguistic description of this important language family
* Provides a full discussion of the likely progress of Irish, Welsh and Breton
* Includes the most recent research on newly discovered Continental Celtic inscriptions
EPUB ebook The Celtic Languages Martin J. Ball download PC on Audible. Hardcover book The Celtic Languages read online. FB2 The Celtic Languages buy on Kobo. Hardback The Celtic Languages by Martin J. Ball on PocketBook.
Paperback ebook The Celtic Languages read for Android. Online book The Celtic Languages Martin J. Ball download on Booktopia. MP3 ebook The Celtic Languages by Martin J. Ball buy cheap on Barnes & Noble. PDF The Celtic Languages for iPad.